Calcutta University is one of the pioneer institutions in the country to realize the practical necessity of creating facilities for agricultural education and research. Efforts in this direction began as early as 1913 with the creation of an Endowment Chair known as “Ghosh (Sir Rashbehari Ghosh) Professor of Botany, with special reference to Agriculture”. In fact, at this point of time no other University in India had thought of any University Chair for studies in Agricultural subjects.

Another Professorship in Agriculture was created under the Khaira (Kumar Guruprasad Singh) Endowment in 1920. And still another Professorship in “Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science” was created in 1945 in furtherance of the cause of University College of Agriculture with the donation made by Dr. N. R. Dhar in commemoration of his revered Teacher, Sir P. C. Ray.

The Jhargram College, the first degree College of Agriculture in West Bengal, was started by University of Calcutta in 1949. The State Government transferred the Agricultural Degree College from Jhargram first to Tollygunge, Calcutta, then to Haringhata, Nadia and finally to the State Agricultural University, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya in 1974.

The University College of Agriculture, Calcutta University came into being in June, 1956 by upgrading the Department of Agriculture established in April 1954 to a full fledged faculty.

Calcutta University is one of the pioneer institutions in the country to realize the practical necessity of creating facilities for agricultural education and research. Efforts in this direction began as early as 1913 with the creation of an Endowment Chair known as “Ghosh (Sir Rashbehari Ghosh) Professor of Botany, with special reference to Agriculture”. In fact, at this point of time no other University in India had thought of any University Chair for studies in Agricultural subjects.

Another Professorship in Agriculture was created under the Khaira (Kumar Guruprasad Singh) Endowment in 1920. And still another Professorship in “Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science” was created in 1945 in furtherance of the cause of University College of Agriculture with the donation made by Dr. N. R. Dhar in commemoration of his revered Teacher, Sir P. C. Ray.

The Jhargram College, the first degree College of Agriculture in West Bengal, was started by University of Calcutta in 1949. The State Government transferred the Agricultural Degree College from Jhargram first to Tollygunge, Calcutta, then to Haringhata, Nadia and finally to the State Agricultural University, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya in 1974.

The University College of Agriculture, Calcutta University came into being in June, 1956 by upgrading the Department of Agriculture established in April 1954 to a full fledged faculty.

Calcutta University is one of the pioneer institutions in the country to realize the practical necessity of creating facilities for agricultural education and research. Efforts in this direction began as early as 1913 with the creation of an Endowment Chair known as “Ghosh (Sir Rashbehari Ghosh) Professor of Botany, with special reference to Agriculture”. In fact, at this point of time no other University in India had thought of any University Chair for studies in Agricultural subjects.

Another Professorship in Agriculture was created under the Khaira (Kumar Guruprasad Singh) Endowment in 1920. And still another Professorship in “Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science” was created in 1945 in furtherance of the cause of University College of Agriculture with the donation made by Dr. N. R. Dhar in commemoration of his revered Teacher, Sir P. C. Ray.

The Jhargram College, the first degree College of Agriculture in West Bengal, was started by University of Calcutta in 1949. The State Government transferred the Agricultural Degree College from Jhargram first to Tollygunge, Calcutta, then to Haringhata, Nadia and finally to the State Agricultural University, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya in 1974.

The University College of Agriculture, Calcutta University came into being in June, 1956 by upgrading the Department of Agriculture established in April 1954 to a full fledged faculty.

Calcutta University is one of the pioneer institutions in the country to realize the practical necessity of creating facilities for agricultural education and research. Efforts in this direction began as early as 1913 with the creation of an Endowment Chair known as “Ghosh (Sir Rashbehari Ghosh) Professor of Botany, with special reference to Agriculture”. In fact, at this point of time no other University in India had thought of any University Chair for studies in Agricultural subjects.

Another Professorship in Agriculture was created under the Khaira (Kumar Guruprasad Singh) Endowment in 1920. And still another Professorship in “Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science” was created in 1945 in furtherance of the cause of University College of Agriculture with the donation made by Dr. N. R. Dhar in commemoration of his revered Teacher, Sir P. C. Ray.

The Jhargram College, the first degree College of Agriculture in West Bengal, was started by University of Calcutta in 1949. The State Government transferred the Agricultural Degree College from Jhargram first to Tollygunge, Calcutta, then to Haringhata, Nadia and finally to the State Agricultural University, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya in 1974.

The University College of Agriculture, Calcutta University came into being in June, 1956 by upgrading the Department of Agriculture established in April 1954 to a full fledged faculty.

Calcutta University is one of the pioneer institutions in the country to realize the practical necessity of creating facilities for agricultural education and research. Efforts in this direction began as early as 1913 with the creation of an Endowment Chair known as “Ghosh (Sir Rashbehari Ghosh) Professor of Botany, with special reference to Agriculture”. In fact, at this point of time no other University in India had thought of any University Chair for studies in Agricultural subjects.

Another Professorship in Agriculture was created under the Khaira (Kumar Guruprasad Singh) Endowment in 1920. And still another Professorship in “Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science” was created in 1945 in furtherance of the cause of University College of Agriculture with the donation made by Dr. N. R. Dhar in commemoration of his revered Teacher, Sir P. C. Ray.

The Jhargram College, the first degree College of Agriculture in West Bengal, was started by University of Calcutta in 1949. The State Government transferred the Agricultural Degree College from Jhargram first to Tollygunge, Calcutta, then to Haringhata, Nadia and finally to the State Agricultural University, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya in 1974.

The University College of Agriculture, Calcutta University came into being in June, 1956 by upgrading the Department of Agriculture established in April 1954 to a full fledged faculty.

Welcome to Alumni Association of Institute of Agricultural Science - a meeting place for all the past and current students of the Institute of Agricultural Institute of University of Kolkata which was formerly known as College of Agricultural Science. On this website, you can reconnect with alumni or current students, find information about the present activities of IAS and read articles written by the alumni in the alumni newsletter 'Praktoni Barta'.
If you are an alumnus, you can view the changes that the college has undergone since the time you were here, or trace the whereabouts of some of your class / batch mates. If you are a current student, you can ask questions to various alumni, or check out the glorious list of alumni that IAS has produced over the years.
Happy interacting and happy reminiscing!
Other Links
http://www.caluniv.ac.in/
http://www.bckv.edu.in/
http://www.iari.res.in/


Latest News
23rd Reunion of the Institute of Agricultural Science, Calcutta University will be held on 20.12.2015 (Sunday)
Please download the donation / sponsorship form for advertisement in the souvenir to be published during the 23th Reunion at Auditorium, Ballygunge Science College, Calcutta University, 35, Ballygunge Circular Road, Kolkata-700019
FIFTH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION OF INSTITUTE OF AGRICULTRAL SCIENCE, CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY TO BE HELD ON 5th JUNE, 2015
List of Donors for their generous help, active co-operation and financial assistance to our beloved dearest alumnus late Dr. Nilima Chanda (Mondal) for medical treatments
Appeal to donate funds in strengthening the financial condition of the Alumni Association for the formation of corpus fund
The Executive Council Meeting will be held on 9th April, 2015
The room of the Alumni Association will remain open on every Friday (working day only) from 2 P.M. to 5.30 P.M.
Dr. S. K. Mukherjee 65th Birthday Commemoration Lecture on 21st November, 2014 (Friday)
Picnic at C.U. Agricultural Experimental Farm, Baruipur on 11th January, 2015








Get In Touch

Secretary, Alumni Association of Institute of Agricultural Science University of Calcutta
35, Ballygunge Circular Road
Kolkata – 700019
West Bengal, India
Telephone: +91-33-2461-5445/ 4981 / 4959 / 5277 / 4711
Extn. 351/354/362/515
Email: iascualumni@gmail.com
Website: www.agriculture-caluniv.in